Following the indulgent and delicious Toblerone Chocolate Cheesecake recipe I last posted, I thought something a little healthier would be suitable this time! Cue this healthy, quick and super tasty Parsnip and Broccoli Soup. You could even increase the quantities to make a bigger batch and freeze portions of it for a speedy lunch another day too.
1. Peel the parsnips and cut them into around 1.5cm slices, then place them into a sauce pan with the broccoli
2. Sprinkle over the mixed herbs, oxo cube, salt and pepper. Then cover the vegetables with the milk (it should cover half of it) and the water
3. Let it bubble away for 20-25 minutes on a medium heat until the vegetables have softened – keep an eye on it so that it doesn’t over-boil as milk boils faster than water!
4. Once the vegetables are soft, use a hand blender to blitz it for several minutes until smooth
5. At this point, taste it to see if you need more seasoning, and add more milk if it’s too thick
6. Reheat it until hot again and serve