I love making cheesecakes and, of course, devouring them afterwards too (that’s the best bit!!). I’m always coming up with new ideas for flavours that I can try out and that’s how this one came about. I’ve always stuck with fruity or citrus cheesecakes in the past, so when my chocolate-obsessed sibling begged me to try making a chocolate flavoured one, I could hardly say no could I? The result was simply a chocolate lovers dream. This cheesecake is the perfect dessert for a dinner party as you need to make it two days in advance…but don’t just save it for then as it makes for a good mid-week treat too!
3 – 4 tbsp butter
300g cream cheese
200ml whipping cream
175g Toblerone Milk
25g Toblerone Milk, grated
You’ll also need
24cm spring form cake tin
1. Place the digestives in a sandwich bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
2. In a small pan, add the butter and gently heat for 2-3 minutes until it is fully melted (keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn!)
3. Combine the melted butter with the crushed digestives – if it’s too sticky/buttery add more digestives, or if the digestives aren’t sticking together then add more melted butter. Then press this into the base of a 24-cm spring form cake tin, then place it in the fridge to chill for at least 20 minutes whilst you make the topping.
4. Soften the cream cheese by lightly beating it with a fork until it is smooth. Lightly whip the cream for 2 minutes using a fork, then mix this with the cream cheese.
5. Break the Toblerone into similar sized chunks and put them in a bowl. Heat a small pan of water until it is simmering, then suspend the bowl over the water (don’t let the base of the bowl touch the water!). Heat the chocolate, stirring occasionally, until it has melted then remove it from the heat.
6. Allow the melted Toblerone to cool slightly- but for no longer than 1 minute as you don’t want it to reset – then mix it into the cream cheese and cream mixture using a spoon until it’s all fully combined.
7. Pour the cheesecake mix onto the chilled base, then sprinkle over the grated Toblerone.
8. Leave the cheesecake in the fridge to chill for 2 days until set, then serve and enjoy!
Hope you’ve enjoyed this chocolate cheesecake recipe. Until next time.